This is one of my favourite cake recipes; i love it because it always produces a nice moist sponge and is relatively quick and easy to make. However, it is a rather rich cake so I would recommend having a small slice - although some of my friends have managed to eat huge slices in the past! Hope you enjoy this cake as much as I do...
3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100ml boiling water
100ml orange juice
300g golden sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of orange essence
180ml light olive oil
200g self raising flour
300ml pot of fresh whipping cream
|This cake always turns out well and looks great!|
What to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degree's C
- Mix the cocoa and bicarbonate of soda with the boiling water - once dissolved add the orange juice and leave to one side
- Prepare tins
- Beat sugar and eggs together until light and creamy.
- Add vanilla and orange essence and continue beating
- Add the flour
- Add the cocoa solution - beat until consistency of double cream
- Pour batter into tins
- Bake for 25-30 mins
- When cool decorate with freshly whipped cream and cherries!
|I love cutting into a freshly homemade cake!|