Thursday 31 May 2012

Smoothie Ice Lollies

Smoothie ice lollies


With all the nice warm weather we have been having recently it seemed the right time to make some ice lollies to cool us down. I have been buying lollies and choc-ices from the shops which is great - but they make you feel rather unhealthy and often taste a bit chemically with the artificial flavours.

So here is my healthy alternative: smoothie pops!

My Mum bought me some really cute bunny rabbit ice lolly molds last summer and I have used them a lot. Sometimes they simply double-up as an ice cube tray alternative.

My smoothie ice lollies are really simple to make and to customise to your tastes. Best of all they are made from real fruit.


Here is the recipe for the one I made this week (it makes a large quantity):


What you need:

2 bananas
340g of pineapple
160g of peaches
250g of mixed summer fruits (already frozen)
180ml of pineapple juice


What you need to do:

  • Place all the fruit and the juice together in a blender
  • Blend until the mixture is smooth and will easily pour
  • Pour into ice lolly molds
  • Freeze overnight
  • Enjoy while sitting in the sunshine the next day!

It is as simple as that - and they are so yummy!



Bunny Rabbit Ice lolly Molds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...